Tuesday 16 April 2019 from 9.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Expert coaching for boys and girls who are not yet at a very advanced level:
● players who are unrated (usually because they have not played in a rated tournament), and
● players with NSWJCL ratings below 700 (in other words, players who are not yet of a very high standard).
(Other coaching opportunities are available for stronger players – contact us for details or click HERE.)
Coaching for Beginners – our coaching clinics include a group for absolute beginners who do not yet know the moves. (Please tell us when booking if the student does not yet play.)
Special All-Girls group – in recognition that some girls prefer the company of other girls.
Eligibility: Participants must be members of the NSW Junior Chess League and aged under 18 on the day of the clinic.
For membership details click HERE.
Venue: North Ryde Community Centre, 201 Coxs Road, North Ryde (between Lane Cove Road and Wicks Road). See MAP.
• By train: 1.3km (16 minutes' walk) from Macquarie Park Railway Station [use East exit from station, turn left at top of escalators and proceed south-west along Lane Cove Road, turn left into Coxs Road].
• By bus: For bus details see MAP.
• By car: park in Coxs Road or in carpark opposite (limited time parking) or in nearby streets.
Phone: 0403 962 442 (emergency only).
Canteen: available for lunch and light refreshments.
9.30 to 9.50 a.m. – coaching begins at 9.50 a.m. and finishes at 3 p.m.
Players must leave or be collected from the venue by 3.30 p.m.
$40 for the first
child and $30 for each additional child of the same family (brothers and
(plus late fees if applicable – see below)
Entry Deadline: Sunday 14 April
No enrolments will be taken on the coaching day – prior booking is essential to allow us to allocate students into graded groups and arrange for the appropriate number of coaches.
• Late Payment Fee ($10 per family) for entries received, but not paid, by the entry deadline;
• Late Entry Fee ($20 per family) for entries neither received nor paid by the entry deadline (but no entries on the day – see above).
Please note that although online entries reach us immediately, internet banking payments can take a few days (depending on the bank) and postal deliveries can take from two to five days with Australia Post's new (slower) delivery times introduced last year.
Bookings: Bookings may be made by one of the following methods:
(1) online via our website (see online entry), or [(1) is preferred]
(2) by email (Eunice Koh, email@example.com), or
Payment may be either:
• by internet banking (or direct deposit at any branch of the Commonwealth Bank)
– see under online entry for banking details, or
• by post with entry form to NSW Junior Chess League, 2 Northcote Avenue, Killara NSW 2071
– make cheque payable to NSW Junior Chess League (please write player's name on reverse).
Please do not rely on a posted entry for the Coaching Clinic without booking online (or by email) in case it is delayed in the post.
Enquiries: Eunice Koh, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Richard Gastineau-Hills, phone 9498 2760.
REMEMBER: YOU MUST BOOK ONLINE (OR BY EMAIL)!
NUMBERS WILL BE LIMITED SO BOOK EARLY