Tuesday 10 July 2018 from 9.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Expert coaching for boys and girls who are not yet at a very advanced level:
● players who are unrated (usually because they have not played in a rated tournament), and
● players with NSWJCL ratings below 700 (in other words, players who are not yet of a very high standard).
(Other coaching opportunities are available for stronger players – contact us for details or click HERE.)
Coaching for Beginners – our coaching clinics include a group for absolute beginners who do not yet know the moves. (Please tell us when booking if the student does not yet play.)
Special All-Girls group – in recognition that some girls prefer the company of other girls.
(As an alternative our Girls Fun Day is being held at the same venue (different room) on the afternoon of the same day – for details click HERE.)
Eligibility: Participants must be members of the NSW Junior Chess League and aged under 18 on the day of the clinic.
For membership details click HERE.
Venue: North Ryde Community Centre, 201 Coxs Road, North Ryde (between Lane Cove Road and Wicks Road). See MAP.
• By train: 1.3km (16 minutes' walk) from Macquarie Park Railway Station [use East exit from station, turn left at top of escalators and proceed south-west along Lane Cove Road, turn left into Coxs Road].
• By bus: For bus details see MAP.
• By car: park in Coxs Road or in carpark opposite (limited time parking) or in nearby streets.
Phone: 0403 962 442 (emergency only).
Canteen: available for lunch and light refreshments.
9.30 to 9.50 a.m. – coaching begins at 9.50 a.m. and finishes at 3 p.m.
Players must leave or be collected from the venue by 3.30 p.m.
$40 for the first
child and $30 for each additional child of the same family (brothers and
(plus late fees if applicable – see below)
Entry Deadline: Sunday 8 July
No enrolments will be taken on the coaching day – prior booking is essential to allow us to allocate students into graded groups and arrange for the appropriate number of coaches.
• Late Payment Fee ($10 per family) for entries received, but not paid, by the entry deadline;
• Late Entry Fee ($20 per family) for entries neither received nor paid by the entry deadline (but no entries on the day – see above).
Please note that although online entries reach us immediately, internet banking payments can take a few days (depending on the bank) and postal deliveries can take from two to five days with Australia Post's new (slower) delivery times introduced last year.
Bookings: Bookings may be made by either of the following methods:
(1) online via our website (see online entry), or [(1) is preferred]
(2) by email (Eunice Koh, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Payment may be either:
• by internet banking (or direct deposit at any branch of the Commonwealth Bank)
– see under online entry for banking details, or
• by post with entry form to NSW Junior Chess League, 2 Northcote Avenue, Killara NSW 2071
– make cheque payable to NSW Junior Chess League and write player's name on reverse.
Please do not rely on a posted entry for the Coaching Clinic without booking online (or by email) in case it is delayed in the post.
Enquiries: Eunice Koh, email email@example.com, or Richard Gastineau-Hills, phone 9498 2760.
REMEMBER: YOU MUST BOOK ONLINE (OR BY EMAIL OR PHONE)!
NUMBERS WILL BE LIMITED SO BOOK EARLY